Monday, December 30, 2013

Official announcement: Ta-Da!


A little over four and a half years ago, I got totally freaked out about climate change, swine flu, corporate control of everything, and the fact that my babies were being held hostage by this really scary future.

Then I found a book that claimed to be a "third wave feminist steampunk novel" and I was so excited! Because this! This was what I wanted to read! Adventure, romance, a little steam! But also alive to intersectionality and nuance and not ignoring privilege and colonialism!

...only it wasn't. It wasn't any of that at all. I was so pissed off (and, if you will recall, frightened by this daunting future two years before Occupy was a glint in anyone's eye) I wrote a 456 page book. ("I write big books and I cannot lie, all you other readers can't deny...")

I wrote a book (Original title: Whiskey and Sympathy) about a world affected by pandemic, peak oil, and privatization... But populated it with a wide range of people who still managed to have joy and create beautiful lives... and then I threatened their solar-powered, consensus-driven airship community with pirates.

Because that's what authors do!


So if you, too, want to read a cheerful dystopic story that loves intersectionality and passes the Bechdel test in the very first scene… Have I got a novel for you! Really, right here at Booklocker.com...

**The publisher’s website includes the first 9 chapters, so you can really get a sense of whether you (or someone you know) might like to read it**

Or here at Barnes & Noble who have it cheaper and eligible for free shipping if you spend more than $25...

Or even here at Amazon who have it cheapest and eligible for Prime.

Honestly, I don’t really care from which place (or even if) you order Suncatcher: Seven Days in the Sky, but it would be wonderful if you could check it out (as Amazon tracks who looks at it and what else they like) and maybe let your friends who are into speculative fiction know about it.

Cheers!
Alia

No comments:

Post a Comment