Saturday, June 30, 2018

See Something, Do Something about ICE

My friend saw ICE a few blocks from her house last Sunday morning around 5:30 am. She said there's a closed Mexican restaurant there, and she said they were peeking in through the windows.

She didn't know what to do, so she kept driving.

Ok, so here's what you do if you see ICE (or see an anonymous post saying "there's an ICE checkpoint at such and such intersection/ subway stop")

Contact Make the Road NY. They have a Facebook page, you can even message them. They have people who are trained to investigate this and do it in a way that does not further terrorize vulnerable people.

I'm not a quiet person; silence is compliance and I always thought discretion was a polite form of cowardice.

But.

I'm a white person and this isn't about me.

First of all, do less harm.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alia - sorry to contact you this way but I am an undergrad student and was hoping to ask you a few Solarpunk related questions for my capstone project that I am currently working on. No problem if you aren't, I promise not to bug you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! queenalia@hotmail.com is the best way to reach me.

    ReplyDelete